Thursday, May 7, 2009




I can’t believe it took me 4 months to install iWork onto my laptop! I bought it to write and I haven’t been able to write...for 4 months!  I couldn’t get my shit together enough to just find the serial number and instal the damn program. Oh well. That says a little bit about my state of mind these days. I am starting the blog anyways.

My Name is Kim but these days I go by KB. I have been married to an uber awsome guy named Brad since the fall of 2005 and we have a beautiful daughter Libby Brown who inspires me daily to be a better woman. 

These days I am fairly obsessed with food; baking it,

growing it, jamming it, canning it, smoking it...whatever. I don’t claim to be an expert at any of this, in fact some I’ve never even tried. However I am a baker by employ. My husband and I  own a little coffee house in the sweet Kootnay town of Rossland BC where we live.

 I never had any formal training as a baker, in fact the day our shop opened my muffins fell as I really had no idea what I was doing. But nearly 5 years, MUCH trial and error, and about 30 pounds later I’m beginning to feel somewhat comfortable with a rolling pin and wisk. 

In this blog I am going to take you along on my food journey. I will definitely be sharing lots of super yummy recipes, hopefully with an emphasis on whole and local food. And I am hoping if I talk enough about how excited I am about planting tomatoes I will feel obligated to do it.


1 comment: